Saturday 26 May 2018

I am Thought About. Psalm 139:17-18

  "How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with You." NKJV
  "How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!" JCB

  Just thinking about last night's ant entertainment, how their home is being built by removing sand, grain by grain. One ant = one more step towards a new tunnel, a new nursery, a new storage area safely tucked beneath the ground. It would be the equivalent of us digging an Olympic sized swimming pool with a garden trowel! What amazing creatures!
  And where we see only brown earth, to them it is a multitude of granules in a myriad of different hues and textures.
  Perspective is the only difference.

  The entire globe is made up of these particles: vast deserts, beaches, rolling farm land, the highest heights and the deepest caverns under the deepest seas.

  My mortal brain is having a hard time grasping the vastness of this microscopic world.
  Even if God's individual thoughts for every single one of the 7.6 billion people alive today was equivalent to the total of all the grains of sand on this blessed blue ball...that's, well, a pretty big number when they all get added together!
  Let's see...7,600,000,000 x y (grains of sand) = a number this post isn't big enough to contain.

  God's thoughts surpass this mind bending attempt to grasp God's nature through worldly mathematics.

  And then, there's another element to this equation. God knows us intimately. His thoughts about me would be different than His thoughts about you.
  That, my friends, utterly blows my mind yet my heart is touched this morning by the Love that cares so deeply.

  Lord, to share how great You are, I have to add that Your unique and personalized thoughts have been for each of Your children since before Adam was created.

  Boom!

  (That was my brain.)

  But that's okay because in this humbling moment I can rest in the sure knowledge that God's thoughts are toward me in all things. Even math. (Smile.)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...