Saturday 19 May 2018

I Am Strong in the Lord. 1 Corinthinans 1:8

  "who will also confirm you in the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ." NKJV
  "He will keep you strong to the end so that you will be free from all blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns." JCB
 
  This morning I am feeling led to continue outside the designated verses because the next part is so incredibly beautiful.

  "God will do this, for he is faithful to do what he says, and has invited you into partnership with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." 1 Cor 1:9 JCB

  In Mathew 7:21-23, Jesus points out to some people who had performed miracles in His name like prophesying and casting out demons that there will come a day He will say, "I never knew you."
  He goes on to warn, it's only by abiding in the will of our Father that we don't fall prey to lawlessness.
  I have to wonder if it's because the folks who did these things were abusing the name of the Lord for their own gain and recognition. They were not in partnership with Jesus.
  I think that's the crux of this...stewardship, love, honour and respect... It's the joyous gift of having a heart bent to the will of God that is free of the chains of mindless and terrified servitude. It's having a heart willing to participate in a relationship with Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit.
  Had God wanted to enslave people to His will, He could have done so very easily. That isn't who He is.
  It boils down to choice.

  It's when free will becomes even freer through the awesome delight and wonder that comes from laying that will down.

  What?!
  How can I become free in not being free?

  It's because I don't have to set aside my human will and the stubborn streak that's so much a part of it. It's because I want to discern and follow the lead of One who knows far better what is best for my life. I want my stubborn streak to evolve into determination and fortitude, seasoned with grace and love. I want my will to come alongside the desires of my Lord.
  I admit I'm not very good at it most days. Being human can be a struggle.
  It doesn't matter because Jesus is more than sufficient. He honours the "wants" of my soul. Which means I get to experience an incredible, amazed and awe filled joy in recognizing moments when the Lord has enriched my relationship with Him. It comes when this broken, prideful, imperfect gal gets to be part of something that is whole, and humbling and perfect in every way.
  Lord, thank You for Your gentle teachings, Your encouragement, and for graciously leading me into the better way. Thank You that there will be a day, the day I meet You face to face, when You can proclaim from Heaven's throne, "Yes! She is Mine!" AMEN!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...