Friday 18 May 2018

I Am Strengthened in Him. Ephesians 3:16

  "That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man." NKJV
  "I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit." JCB

  It's hard to fathom something that is unlimited when human existence is nothing but limited. Time poses restrictions. Age. Knowledge. Understanding. Pretty much every single facet of our existence is hampered by real or imagined boundaries. Even our capacity to love is but a shadow of the unfathomable love of God.
  Yet, we were created in His image...It's a whole package deal. Even though mortality has hampered our ability to fully embrace what that means, there is only one being with a vested interest in causing us to not live up to our full potential as followers of Jesus.
  The trickster is very good at disguising his lies as truths.

  To be strengthened...
  A good and kind man at church had shared something personal about his wife's struggles with me a while back. She wasn't part of the conversation. It didn't sit right with me even though I can acknowledge it was his way of trying to understand her better.
  I stepped outside my comfort zone a couple of Sunday's ago. The Lord strengthened me to say something to him when, once again, he began sharing some things about his wife. I told him I didn't feel comfortable hearing things about her personal life.
  He was surprised and replied that his conversation was based on things she had admitted freely to others.
  But, I wasn't present when she had shared.

  It doesn't seem like a big deal but following this exchange I was amazed at how the Lord gave me kind words to gently guide this newly wed husband into honouring and respecting his wife's privacy and dignity.
  It was a big deal to me to be able to set aside my ingrained subservience/fear of men so I did say something. (This is a work in progress, to overcome these obstacles. Thankfully, I have a very patient Teacher.)
  As I left church, with a great deal of amazement and a smile on my face, I realized what a breakthrough this had been! I realized it was only through God's empowerment, His might, that I found the confidence to address this matter.
  The devil wasn't happy.
  Tough luck for him.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...