Wednesday 21 March 2018

Romans 5:10

  I am reconciled to God.
  "For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life." NKJV
  "For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son." JCB

  I've been thinking a bit how there is a very human tendency within me that is trying to make God smaller, more, well, human. It's backwards. Humankind is made in His image! I should have a stronger tendency to try and be more like Him!

  I've also been thinking some more on the Adam and Eve story in Genesis 3:21 where God clothed their shame in being naked with animal skins. It was the very first sacrifice of blood to cover sin.
  The sin wasn't being naked. The sin was being ashamed of the beautiful bodies God had given them; bodies He had made in His image. (Now that's given me something else to ponder on because it might be worth thinking about what was in the apple they ate.)

  Prior to that, they walked and talked with Him in the garden of Eden. Delightfully innocent. Delightfully delighting in being with God. They didn't know good. They didn't know evil. There was no scale of measure, of worth. There was simply being.
  Was the knowledge of good and evil contained in one thing and one thing only...learning of judgement? Take away judgement and the knowledge of either vanishes. I think...it's a big thought that has me reflecting on my own tendencies for judging.
  Forgive me Lord.

  What would it be like? To be free from the sins that keep us apart from Him? 
  Reconciliation.
  To walk with God Abba Father, chattering away like when I am with my grandchildren, delighting in their delight and curiosity about everything. How counting one-two-three-four-five toes over and over and over was an endless source of amusement for someone fourteen months old.

  Innocence has a way of vanishing into the mist.
  It makes me sad how quickly it goes, how quickly the world's judgements makes sure it's gone.
  Yet, it is one of the gifts of reconciliation. The restoration of innocence through forgiveness and grace. Innocence can love freely, unabashedly. Innocence doesn't regard skin colour or clothes as markers of status. Innocence is standing tall and free from the charges laid against me by the world. Innocence restored births the ability to set others free from the charges I have laid against them through judgement. Which takes me back to forgiveness and grace...
  Because I have been reconciled to God and have within that relationship the opportunity to learn how to live shame-less and judgement free.
  Thank You, Jesus, for Your sacrifice that enables a salt 'n pepper haired, middle aged woman feel, once again, the simple, awe filled, amazed, delight and joy of a child. Happy dance, here I come!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...