Saturday 17 March 2018

I am Rare. Proverbs 20:15

  "There is gold and a multitude of rubies. But the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel." NKJV
  "Wise words are more valuable than much gold and many rubies." JCB

  I am having a difficult time relating this affirmation with the chosen verse. There have been a couple of typos in the list that haven't posed a problem to sort out but this doesn't seem to be the case today. Hmmm...
  Then Proverbs 20:24 says, "The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?"
  Why do I? Because I love a puzzle. I love doing picture puzzles that are tackled with a methodical system. Find the corner pieces and as many of the edges as possible while turning every piece face up. Put them together establishing the puzzle's boundary. Search through the pile for a common colour that belongs to a specific area of the image. Pull out as many that match as possible. Put them together. Repeat. Celebrate that the final edge piece was discovered. Look at the remaining individual pieces and compare them to the photo on the box to find out where they go. Sometimes it takes a methodical try it here, turn it around, try it there before it slips into the place it belongs. Eventually, the puzzle is complete. Yay! It is just as satisfying breaking it up and returning it to the box for another day, another go.
  Gluing them to a board is not for me.
  There's few things more frustrating for me than a puzzle with a missing piece. Where did it go?

  There's few things more enjoyable than seeking the pieces needed out of a mishmash of fractured completeness.

  Hmmm...It's pretty much the way I go at everything. It's why I am passionate about creating anything because artistic expression, creative writing, and composing music are about making something out of nothing piece by piece.
  Knowledge. Finding the pieces. Putting them together. Hoping that knowledge will be the birthplace of wisdom and understanding, trusting in the Holy Spirit to make that happen. Trusting that the Holy Spirit will help me recognize a piece that doesn't belong to the puzzle I am working on. (Oh, that's where the missing piece from the last puzzle went! How did it end up in this box? How I love answers to a mystery!)
  Yet, there's another part of me that is more than willing to embrace the understanding that some answers won't come this side of heaven. I will have to wait. Ha ha! Who am I kidding? (Smile.) I want to know now!
  Or maybe it's possible to be content to journey along, finding pieces, when I have no idea what the finished picture will be.
  God is outside the box after all.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...