Monday 12 March 2018

I am Purposeful. Psalm 138:8

  "The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands." NKJV
  "The Lord will work out his plans for my life--for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me." JCB

  I am purposeful...I am filled with purpose. It is uniquely my own, unlike anyone else's. God will hone and polish and stretch and heal everything that is relevant to my life; to my walk with Jesus. His polish is grace. His polishing cloth is mercy.

  On Friday at worship rehearsal, I spoke to our team leader about my willingness to acquire a special microphone for the flute that clips right onto the mouthpiece. Using the mike on a stand meant there was very little room for movement.
  So here's me up on stage playing on a Sunday, rigid as a board, with the flute held in the microphone's sweet spot that had taken us a while to figure out. I couldn't express my pleasure with a smile either because flute blowing and a smile simply doesn't work!
  Inside, my soul was delighting in making music for the Lord but it had no way of expressing itself outside of the notes being played. Toe tapping somehow falls short even though that was the start of breaking all the classical training I've had where any extra movement is basically forbidden. The beat came from the boss, the conductor! Toe tapping, while being part of an orchestra, earned an evil eye from the one holding the baton.
  I haven't a clue about how sound systems work or the requirements of the one we use each Sunday so she looked into it for me. Turns out we already had a wireless, headpiece mike that had an excellent rating for the flute.
  I got to use it yesterday.
  Untethered from a frozen position, free to move so my tri-focal glasses didn't interfere with reading the music, and to simply be moved by the music we played...Oh, what joy! There was no strain across my shoulders from playing statue, no distracting, twitching muscle fatigue, yup, like I said, joy!!
  Thank You, Lord, for giving me the courage to say something, for teaching me that sometimes all I need to do is ask. Most of all, Thank You that You had already met my needs before I even knew what they were!
  Thank You that my purpose for the precious moments on stage is only a fraction of each day's, each second's reason for being.
  That reason is You. Amen!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...