Friday 19 January 2018

I am Pardoned. Jeremiah 33:8

  "I will cleanse them from all their iniquity by which they have sinned against Me, and I will pardon all their iniquities by which they have sinned and by which they have transgressed against Me." NKJV
  "I will cleanse them of their sins against me and forgive all their sins of rebellion." JCB

  I am feeling a bit bogged down by all the revelations this journey has opened my mind and heart to. It feels like it's time to take a break from the list and allow the lessons to percolate deep into my thoughts and behaviours. It's important to take some time so these affirmations, these truths of God, can become part of the fabric of my being. There's an element of practice to it as well.
  Already there have been many instances when a response or a thought has surprised me because it is so different to how I have responded or thought up until now. These are wonderful moments because the new ways are a thousand fold better than the old! New ways, God's ways, of thinking bring nothing but good things! Far more than I ever thought possible.
  It's not like there's fireworks or anything. Most of the changes have been subtle although the fact I find myself more comfortable in the presence of men is pretty big. Ginormous! It's a huge relief, too.
  With it comes an outpouring of immeasurable gratitude.
  Freedom is a wonderful thing.
  
  When this exercise began early last year, an allotted amount of time was given to complete the list. Already the "deadline" is a moot point because there are roughly a hundred more affirmations to go. Which is more than okay. I am pardoned!
  I still want to complete the list. Not only has it helped me learn where all the books in the Bible are but the list has been a compass guiding me, pointing ultimately to the heart of God: Jesus.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...