Tuesday 2 January 2018

1 Peter 2:9 by Susan L.

  I am part of a new race.
  "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." NKJV
  "But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light." JCB

  Chosen. Royal. Holy. Belonging. Special. God's possession. Called. Teacher. Minister. Freed from darkness. Wrapped in light.
  But, it's not just any light, it's marvelous and wonderful and awe inspiring. It's the light of peace and grace. It's the beacon of hope and limitless possibilities.
  This is amazing. In one small verse, the ideas behind all three hundred affirmations are pretty much covered.


 
  There was a very long pause as I tested my heart against God's truth. Reading this, hearing this, has me realize I am a long way from believing. I want to believe...I want to live with God's truth wrapped securely around my soul.
  So what's stopping me?
 
  Some days the old man has a chokehold on me and I am left gasping for air.
  Today, yesterday, the day before that, are those kind of days.
  Shame, guilt and frustration wrack my soul, shredding joy in its wake...

  Thank You, Lord, for blessing me with a generous helping of determination because I raise my sword and shield and proclaim for the world to hear, "Enough!! You have no place here!"
  I am God's child. Nothing will ever change that.
  Ever.
  AMEN!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...