Thursday 30 November 2017

John 7:38 by Susan L.

  I have life flowing though me.
  "He who believes in Me (Jesus), as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water." NKJV
  "Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.'"

   John 7:39 goes on to clarify that the living water is the Holy Spirit.
  South of me on a rural highway there is a building in the middle of nowhere. It was initially designed as a conference hall with Italian style, arched windows. The conference hall didn't survive so the building went on to host a car dealership, a flea market, and a restaurant. A number of other business tried to make of go of it but none remained for very long. I remember driving past it and regularly commenting that nothing ever seemed to last, it wasn't a good location, it was an ugly building, etc.
  Then I became a Christian.
  Driving south, I passed the building and felt a check in my heart. This time, instead of passing judgement on all the negatives of the place, I prayed for a business to thrive. I retracted all my negative comments and asked God to bless the location. There's a now a business that has been there a long time. It succeeded where others failed.
  It was one of my early lessons on speaking life, on giving life as opposed to taking it.
  With early Christian enthusiasm, I tried to bring a dead field mouse back to life, too. No luck with that, at least that I saw. Maybe when I walked away and surrendered this tiny creature to God's will, a miracle happened. Maybe it scurried away to continue doing mousy business into a ripe old age.
  I hope so but I'll never know.
  That's part of speaking life. We never know the end result. We never know how much of an impact we can have on others.
  What I know with absolute certainty is our tongues are an incredible weapon. They can cut someone down to nothing or raise the dead.
  It's our choice on how we wield this power. It's our choice, as believers, to listen to the Holy Spirit.

  Lord, forgive me for the times my tongue got away on me. Let me be quick to listen to the Holy Spirit, the essence of life that flows through my veins. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...