Tuesday 23 February 2016

Support by Susan L.

  I'd like to thank my readers for their ideas regarding yesterday's post. As I said, it is still in the thinking stage. Perhaps calling my idea a devotional might be stretching a bit. Perhaps it's more along the idea of a little book of encouragements. That way there's no pressure on the reader especially if they are struggling.
  I've done a couple of guided meditations with friends who were going through a rough time. One was imagining a backpack, opening it up, then placing all their troubles in it. Once closed, the backpack was laid at the foot of the Cross. The other was imagining the most spectacularly wrapped present. Once it was unwrapped, there was a gift for that person inside. God's gift.
  It would be nice to include them. Perhaps in illustration form.
  Something else that has come to the forefront of my mind is what if someone has difficulty reading? Or concentrating? How would a book of encouragement become something they could use?
  For the next little while, I think I'll just let the ideas bubble up then go from there. It might not hurt to talk with people about what could be helpful for them as well.
  Ground work. Research. Thank You, Lord, for stretching me.
  "Through the tender mercy of our God, with which the Dayspring from on high has visited us; to give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death; to guide our feet into the way of peace." Lk 2:78-79
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...