Friday 12 February 2016

A Bit More Investigation by Susan L.

  Instead of looking up the word "unworthy", which in the King James Bible only appears twice, I decided to look up the word "worthy". In previous posts, I mentioned that Christians should not call themselves unworthy because it negates the work Christ did on the cross. This attitude can rob us of all the good things He stands for: forgiveness, redemption, grace...the list goes on.
  As I read a few of the scriptures containing "worthy", it was often preceded by "not". Jesus is quite clear on who is not worthy. "He who does not take up his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me." Mat 10:38
  Jesus is very clear. Those who follow Him are worthy.
  Here's the good part. Our Lord is a lord of second chances. And third. And forth.
  Broken. That's what we are. Living in a broken world. Acknowledging our brokenness encourages us to keep our eyes on the Prize, the Light of the World. It is an expression of humbleness, of being aware that we cannot go it alone but need Someone greater than ourselves to help us be greater than ourselves. A Rock. An Anchor. A Hope.
  One of my favorite sayings that I've shared before is in Christ, the ten commandments become the ten promises. The "thou shalt nots" become "you won'ts" because your heart and soul is full of the love of God. Brokenness falls away under the healing power of Christ and the Holy Spirit.
  "Come to Me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, an you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Mat 11:28-30
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...