Friday 16 January 2015

Plugging Away By Susan L.

  The illustrations for the book are coming along nicely. I take my sketchbook into the centre and work on them there because it's nice to have a bit of company while the images take shape. I'll share them once the book is in my granddaughter's hands. Until then, shhhh! It's a secret!
  I still have to choose the type face and lay out the text. It shouldn't take too long to do. I'm not doing any illustrations on those pages except for the possibility of kitty footprints. It'd be nice to make a stamp instead of having to draw and colour them. The idea just struck me: maybe that would be a good place to put sketches of brick making equipment instead.
  That's been another mental exploration simmering in the back of my mind: how to make a stamp. I'm thinking of gluing cut out foam onto a piece of wood. It'd have to be with rubber cement or some other sort of waterproof glue. Wouldn't want the ink to cause the toe shapes to fall off. I could even do more than one foot print so there would be a bit of variety in the ornamentation.
  I need to do a front and back cover too! Almost forgot about that! And a dedication page and a title page. There's still lots to do. Hope it comes together when it needs to.
  What paper to use for the book has also been rolling over in my brain. It might not hurt to wander around the local office supply store and see what they have. If I decide to colour the images, it would need a heavier stock paper. Keeping the initial drawing in black and white would mean I could copy them over and over. It might be nice to do some copies for my granddaughter to colour for herself. That might be fun for her.
  Okay, I can feel the fingers of overwhelm starting to tickle. Let's get the pictures finished first and tackle the rest a bit at a time.
  "Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah." Ps 62:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...