Thursday 31 October 2013

World Rocking by Susan L.

The Krasman Centre is doing up a strategic plan. Consultants have been hired to draft the directions which will guide us to where we want to be in five years. Our staff meeting yesterday was an opportunity for us to share our ideas with them. It's wonderful to know I am part of a unique and amazing organization. It's good to hear how we are highly respected throughout the mental health field. At least, the centre in Toronto is. Ours, in a small town, not so much. We're still battling ancient attitudes and prejudices surrounding mental illness. Attitudes I confess I once held myself about "those people". We have a long way to go. As much as I want to take a sledge hammer to knock some sense into our local health services and the public at large, I am one of "those people". It probably wouldn't go over very well. One thing we're thinking of doing is to put a monthly column about mental health in our local paper. Written by yours truly. One letter at a time can begin mighty changes. "And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient." 1 Ti 2:24

2 comments:

  1. I second that last comment Susan! You would be a great ambassador. God has gifted you with words that communicate clearly and beautifully. People need to hear what only you can say.

    ReplyDelete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...