Tuesday 1 October 2013

Loud and Clear by Susan L.

My tears threaten to overflow. Tears of relief and awe and a gratitude beyond words. A rich sense of knowing nothing escapes my Lord's notice has flooded into my being. There is nothing too big or too small. If it matters to us, it matters to Him just as what matters to Him, matters to me. The fish in my pond have grown a lot this summer. They were almost too big last year for the aquarium which serves as winter quarters. I'd half heartedly searched online for a cheap used one. No luck. The season is growing late and they need to come in soon. The pond isn't deep enough for them to stay outside all year. That and it's nice to watch them. As I was returning from an appointment, one thought filled my head, "Stop at the Re-Store!" It is a second hand store run by Habitat For Humanity. It holds all kinds of new and used treasures for the home. I waffled a bit about going in but the sense of urgency was more than I could ignore. I meandered around, not sure why I was there. I checked out all the light fixtures, not that I need any. Rusty tools with mysterious purposes, electrical do-dads, the boxes of nails captured my attention. It's a treasure trove of bits and pieces. As I turned around, bumping into a trolley I hadn't noticed, I froze in wonder and delight. Sitting on top, ready to be wheeled out to my car was a nearly new aquarium in just the right size. I willingly paid the princely sum of ten dollars for it. "That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works." Ps 26:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...