Tuesday 24 September 2013

This Old Man, He Played One...by Susan L.

No alarm clock this morning but the phone woke me. A telephone solicitor wanting to talk about my computer. I think they're the ones that want access to it to "fix" a problem. A dangerous proposition that could give them the tools for identity theft. I put the phone down. Identity theft. Hmmm, we know who's responsible for that particular crime. It has existed for millennium, long before online banking and Facebook. We've all experienced it in one way or another. The devil has used it to poison what we think we know about ourselves. Every negative comment, thought or idea we hold comes from him. We are commanded to set aside the old man and embrace the new, the identity God blessed us with at the dawn of creation. In some instances it is instantaneous. Mostly it's a process of letting go and letting in. It takes time to BELIEVE in the truth: the good, the blessings. It takes time to become a have instead of a have not! I still struggle. Maybe I need to learn to boldly "hang up" on the whispers that cause guilt, shame, self-doubt, anxiety, fear, hopelessness, depression... anything and everything that dares to steal my joy in the Lord. Amen! "For You have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, and my feet from falling. I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living." Ps 116:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...