Tuesday 3 September 2013

Results by Susan L.

I once heard that all sin is based in theft. It helped make sense of an often convoluted, condemming and harsh Christian understanding of the nature of sin. I also read, and may have shared this before, that Christ's sacrifice on the cross turns the ten commandments into the ten promises. An act of ultimate love. H. and I had a great conversation about sin on Saturday. She shared something which had been written by a nun several hundred years ago. To paraphrase, "We are all beautiful paintings. Sin is like wiping dirt all over it. Paintings can be cleaned; can be restored." I had a good "shower" yesterday. Repentance was my soap. Forgiveness, the water that cleansed my soul. A nice little wall had been built up between my Lord and I: judgements, pride, and other slippery un-Christlike issues. He also straightened out my understanding of confidence. It is not the same as pride. Confidence is the sense of knowing and believing in the person I am as God sees me. Doing less builds walls. (But then, walls can be torn down.) I promised to try and believe. I just need some Help. "For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit and in much assurance." 1 Th 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...