Wednesday 18 September 2013

Recaptured Moments by Susan L.

The new air mattress I used camping wasn't very air tight. It threatened to toss me on the floor with each roll over. It was like sleepung on a bowl of jello. I remembered years ago imagining what a jello bed would be like as I spooned wiggly jiggly orange into my mouth. Now I know! There's a strong doubt it would be recommended by the Canadian Chiropractic Association. Maybe a Laughter Society might! H. brought black shoestring licorice, one of my favorites that I hadn't had in a long time. It's the kind of food that is meant to be played with. Sharing good memories of all the different ways we used to eat it left us both chuckling. Being in the forest, listening to the wind in the maples, the constant "Chuck! Chuck!" of the chipmunks, the sound and smell of the Coleman kerosene lantern, the hiss of the propane stove, the aroma of bacon cooked outdoors...a mountain of remembrance. Yes, it was September chilly (downright cold at night) and bundling up for my bucking bronco bed was a major event of the day but I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." 2 Cor 5:17

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you'd do it all again, 'cause so would I!!! (despite the cold).

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...