Thursday 11 July 2013

Reality: Sometimes Grim by Susan L.

I am torn about what choice to make. The mineral oil got Soot's bowels moving. He's hydrated but has lost weight, too much. The milk replacer doesn't seem to agree with him. I've seen it before. He didn't wake me in the night although I woke at five because he hadn't called out. He was very still and cold. Alive, yes, but weak. He hasn't been interested in feeding, either last night or this morning. I have managed to get some milk into him but I fear it's not enough. I am terribly torn about what to do because this morning has seen the fight gone out of him. DNR. Do Not Resuscitate. We make this choice for our loved ones or they make it for us. It's a tough call. We only want what's best, don't we? The reality is: this little kitten who fits in the palm of my hand sounds like a respiratory problem has taken deeper hold. That, too, I've seen before. It is just another challenge he's had since I found him muddy and soaking wet. I could hear it but hoped...well, just hoped... There's nothing more I can do and that's a hard and bitter pill to swallow. "Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my Strength and Redeemer." Ps 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...