Friday 5 July 2013

Circles of Women by Susan L.

My morning coffee never tasted so good. A busy week, an emotional week and restless sleep means I am tired today. The ever present circles under my eyes have developed a whole set of luggage. Where's cucumber slices when you need them? There is a great treasure in my life. It is the love of the women who gathered around, listened and lifted me up this week. Especially after art therapy last night. It was a tough one. These wonderful women are my peers, my life sisters. There are times when I, in turn, am blessed to help hold them up because that's what friends do for each other. So much is said in a hug. In the midst of sometime tears, much laughter, shared stories and recipes lay the beloved mother heart of God. Wisdom has a way of revealing herself, too. Insights about the cooling effect of cucumbers on the eyes, discussions about faith, family, hopes and cares...little things and great things are shared and taught and learned from each other. It has taken a long time to build trust but it took longer for me to find the courage to try trusting. These women, my friends at the centre, in my writer's group, waited patiently for me to enter into the circle. I am truly and immensly blessed. "Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name." Ps 103:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...