Saturday 20 April 2013

Present Present's Presence by Susan L.

Yesterday's scripture hit home with me . To paraphrase, "God's gifts are irrevocable." It raised the need for some soul searching, forgiving and repentance on my part. I'm thinking that the gifts we are given are like our brains. We only ever use a fraction of the whole. There are countless reasons. The devil wouldn't want us to be the best we can be. Perhaps these inborn gifts weren't nurtured or encouraged. Or worse, they were criticized and minimized, stifling what could have been amazing. Perhaps we were in an environment that didn't allow us to discover these hidden treasures at all. Poverty, the fast pace of life may be just a couple of obstacles stopping us from reaching our full potential. A word of caution, I'm not talking about success as the world sees it. Honestly, if I hadn't had such a difficult struggle with depression and the effects of trauma over the last several years, I wouldn't have discovered my love of writing. I wouldn't have found the voice in art. Or even the gift of my humanity, bumps and all. Gifts. There's no ifs about it. Everything is one no matter how it's wrapped. We only need to explore to tap in to what is hidden behind the devil's rhetoric. "Nevertheless He did not leave Himself without witness, in that He did good, gave us rain from heaven and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness." Acts 14:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...