Thursday 27 February 2020

Grounding

 "Each time he (the Lord) said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness."" 2 Corinthians 12:9

  While I can't go into details, a situation has arisen that challenges me to my very core. It stirred up the old lessons, the old thinking, that corrupted my sense of worth. Praise God, despite these events I haven't sunk as low as in the past when such things happened.
  The thoughts are like stale crackers, tasting of dust and the cupboard. I am able to recognize them for what they are: lies. They simply don't belong in my life any more.

  Hmmm...this is a new thing; to not get sucked into the past! Instead, there has been much prayer to know how to proceed.
  I know there is anger about what happened on so many different levels but I ask God to soften that anger or at least help me express it in a manner that is not hurtful. To be honest, there's a desire to strike back, to hurt the one who hurt me but that response is another stale cracker and not the way of Jesus.
  It's also why I needed to write this morning, to help me refocus on what is truly important: the love of Jesus. AMEN!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...