Sunday 10 February 2019

Home Again


  “And because you belong to Him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.” Romans 8:2

  I will wrap up the Proverbs 31 study tomorrow.
  I arrived home yesterday, mid afternoon, feeling blessed by the events that got me here in record time. The flight was a bit late arriving to pick us up but managed to make up time at the Florida turn around so I arrived only fifteen minutes later than originally planned. Customs was a breeze. My suitcase was the third one off the plane. The hotel pick-up was only a ten minute wait.
  Then there was the car. While I was gone, there were three bus days and a school closure due to the wicked weather that raged. A bus day is when the school buses are cancelled because it isn’t safe. Then there was the January thaw in the first week of February. And some freezing rain but the car was clear except for some ice trapped in and around the wiper blades. A fist and a bit of force broke it up easily enough to pull chunks away. And the car started up right away!
  I was home before dark, armed with a pizza for dinner.
  I will confess that being on the plane wasn’t so great. I ended up skirting around panic attack territory all because of the claustrophobic seating. I won’t book a window seat again in row 7 on a 737. There’s no window. There was also a tall man in front of me who raised his headrest up making the tight squeeze feel even tighter. I also figured out that the row behind the expensive seats at the front of the plane has a tiny bit more leg room. That’s where I sat on the way down. A tiny bit makes a big difference when airlines have sardine seating. I suppose it’s so the premium seats won’t have to deal with their seats being inadvertently bumped.
  This claustrophobia of mine doesn’t show up too often, praise God, because it is a rather unpleasant feeling. Logic doesn’t work to dispel it. I guess that’s the thing about fears. There is no logical reason for them. This fear of small spaces has been with me my entire life. I’d happily hold a snake instead!
  Lord, I will ask for some understanding, some clarity about where this fear came from. I pray You will lead me into healing. In Jesus’ name I pray. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...