Tuesday 18 December 2018

Hickory, Dickory, Dock


“But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law.” Galatians 4:4

  “The right time,” is a profound indicator of the ways of God. The work He does in, through and to our lives always happens at the right time. The work He did before we breathed was also done at the right time, laying a foundation for our existence; laying a foundation for our life with Jesus.
  Our mortality makes it hard to be patient. Our mortality makes it hard to wait, to rest and to trust in God’s timing. At least, that’s been my experience. I want things to happen yesterday!
  God has been so generous in healing my broken spirit that I find myself praying He would take care of the last vestiges of PTSD. It would be a wondrous day when the anxiety finally vanishes once and for all instead of merely taking a holiday. So, Lord, now would be a good time!
  And isn’t this the crux of the matter: learning how to adapt and align my time to God’s time?
  But then, God doesn’t hand me a schedule like the one I have for work hanging on the fridge. (Smile.) Can you imagine?
  “God, let me get my datebook. Hmmm, let’s see… We can meet a week Thursday at two o’clock to take care of this anxiety business. I’ll pencil You in.” (LOL)
  Many a jest has its foundation in truth!
  We are creatures of schedule, of timetables and milestones; tangible delineations of our daily life broken down into appointments, routine, habit and cultural practices. Trying to wrap our heads around the timelessness of God is a stretch. Trying to understand that deep within God’s timelessness resides perfect timing is a paradox of beautiful, awesome, wonderful mystery that is inherent to the nature of God.
 
   I mentioned earlier about aligning and adapting my time to God’s time. That’s a backwards way of thinking about all this. By surrendering my life to Jesus, I have already cast aside the restrictions of a clock.
  Now, if only I could lose the impatience…(smile.)
  Lord, let Your peace flood my soul! In Jesus name I pray. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...