Friday 7 December 2018

Do You Hear What I Hear?


  “Then He turned to His host.” Luke 14:12

  What would it have been like to have Jesus sitting beside you? What would it have been like to hear Him teach? What would it have been like to have Jesus turn to you and speak into your life?
  It would become a memory, the joyous kind that replay in slow motion. Every detail forever cemented into the conscience to be relived and savored over and over. 
  Memories of that first love, that first kiss, would pale by comparison.

  Jesus turned to me!

  Because I have invited Him into my home, my life and my being.

  I imagine Him to be a tenor with a soft musicality to His voice. It would be a voice that could cut through the noises people make. It would rise above the other voices that mutter their litany of untruth into our souls. Jesus has no need to shout because His voice would be commanding and tender, authoritative and welcoming.
  It would be the sweetest voice on earth.

  It is the sweetest voice on earth; a voice that only speaks truth, encouragement, and well, the truth. But truth is good even if it’s hard to swallow sometimes. (Smile.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...