Monday 8 October 2018

Nothing on Paper Yet

  Since the revelation a few days ago, I've been knitting men's mittens for the centre's Christmas gift drive in my true obsessive manner, or should I say passionate instead. That's a better word.
  It's a fairly automatic task because there's quite a few under my belt now. The TV is on for company while my needles click away, devouring yarn and giving it form. Despite these distractions, the ole gray matter has been busy in the background, thinking about the book.
  There's much to think about; to pray about. Things like who the target market might be for such a book. Could it appeal to a non-Christian reader? Would the prayer be geared to a specific audience or is it to be broader than that? Hmmm, could this be a series? Or maybe that's jumping the gun. Let's start with getting the first one finished or should I say, started.
  Should it be laid out in a devotional form? A journal form? A combination of the two? How big might it be? Or how small? Would it be something that could transfer to an audio book to reach an even greater audience? What about using the blog?
  Can I use story telling or creative licence to immerse the reader in the story of Lazarus without straying too far from its scriptural foundation? In the past I've been inspired to explore parts of the Passion story from the donkey's perspective as well as the guards placed at Christ's tomb. They added a further dimension to the story for me as I placed myself there, in those moments.
  Then there comes a time to stop thinking things to death and simply get on with it.

  Our church has been doing a series about the faith cycle of trust>grow>give>go>community> which leads back to trust. Our pastor asked us yesterday to think about what aspect of the cycle is the most difficult. I get stuck on trusting. Regularly. It puts the brakes on the whole cycle.
  But I think, even if trust is something I struggle with, taking a leap of faith in spite of it will help build trust and break down the walls of fear. If I practice long enough...It might just end up being as instinctive and fearless as knitting mittens.

  "Then He said to me, "Speak a prophetic message to these bones and say, 'Dry bones, listen to the word of the Lord! This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Look! I am going to put breath into you and make you live again! I will put flesh and muscles on you and cover you with skin. I will put breath into you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.'" Ezekiel 37:4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...