Tuesday 9 October 2018

New Month

   My phone has begun a new billing period so hopefully last month's data shortage will not happen again. I will try my best not to use the phone for any frivolous purposes. This is a good thing. It's easy to waste away a hunk of time perusing various websites that aren't really pertinent to anything that is going on. Rambling curiosity that, once satisfied, disappears from the brain, never to be thought of again. But that's one of the downsides to technology. Why remember when it's possible to look something up as many times as is needed?
  I am not knocking technology. I've picked up many skills watching YouTube videos. Everything from advanced knitting to key woodworking abilities have been learned because of others sharing their skills online. It has also helped to check out a couple of different videos to gain a clearer understanding of "How To".
  It has also been used to explore matters of faith, of religion, to help me cement my own beliefs, to learn about others' and to find obscure Scriptures the Lord brings to mind. Most of those are obscure because there aren't many passages I can quote chapter and verse for. Hmmm, having internet means I don't need to remember them.
  Perhaps this is something to be mindful of in the future. I haven't memorized them because it hasn't been necessary. Yet, if I am to write about the Lazarus story, it would be a good idea to remember where it is instead of having to look up its location every time! (Smile.)

  Lord, I give thanks this morning for being able to offer a rare smile over my inadequacies. Upon reflection, they used to be fodder for beating myself up...another smile...sometimes they still are! Thank You, that the smiles contain a generous helping of grace, Your grace.
  Thank You, that despite my shortcomings of a frail memory, You lead me to an appropriate passage in Your Word every time I seek for it.

  "Jesus replied, 'The most important commandment is this: 'Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength." Mark 12:29-30

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...