Wednesday 8 August 2018

A bit of this and that...

  The furnace installer came out this morning to take some final measurements before ordering the new one. There were grand plans of what would be accomplished this year but life has a way of happening. I figure if I get the bathroom done, it will be enough.
  Yesterday was a quiet day. I spent some time outside frog watching which reminded me of the children's story I started writing last summer about a grounded fairy. My laptop is kaput. The tablet has no place for a USB port. No Word either to continue writing. It has been okay for one fingered blogging but to write for any length of time, well, it would be nice to use all ten.
  Maybe I will print what has been written so far and continue writing the old fashioned way with pen and paper until the laptop is either fixed or replaced.
  I am thinking, too, about the illustrations I would like to paint. Hence the frog watching. And photos. I will need them for reference.
  It has been a while since I picked up a brush. There was a lovely breeze blowing through the yard so I cleaned up the patio table and hauled out the watercolours.
   This is Canisbay Lake in Algonquin just after the sun had set. I didn't end up doing any painting while there but thanks to photo reference, I was able to return in spirit. I can almost hear the miserable, high pitched whine of the mosquitoes looking for dinner!
  It helped me think about how to approach the upcoming watercolour class I will be teaching at work. A good introduction will be to work with monochromatic colour washes. There has been some success having everyone work on an identical image. It's a good way to learn. Lessons in mixing colour can be gradually introduced.
  Every once in a while, a clear path comes into view.
  Lord, thank You for all these gifts: the writing, the art, the music. Thank You for imagination. Thank You for the gift of teaching so my skills become a blessing to others. Bless those I teach with understanding and excitement about their own creativity. Amen!
  "Your road led through the sea, your pathway through the mighty waters--a pathway no one knew was there!" Psalm 77:19
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...