Monday 18 June 2018

I live in Victory. 1 Corinthians 15:57

  "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. " NKJV
  "But thank God! He gave us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ. " JCB

  Once again I left Church with a deeper understanding of God. Yesterday I learned  what El Shaddai means. It has been translated as Almighty God because the root word in Hebrew for El Shaddai translates as mountains. But it could also mean breasts, something the early translators skimmed over or ignored.
  I found this utterly fascinating because while God is the ultimate power, He is also the nurturer and life giver.
  In battle against an enemy, the soldier on the high ground has the advantage. Every time we take the high road, we have already achieved victory over the things of this world determined to see us fail.
  Jesus is our Guide along the mountain trails. I suppose they are paths of righteousness. To take the high road is to be the victor over the enemy who is happy to help us fall from the heights of faith.
   But God isn't only a mountain. Psalm 23 assures us that when we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, He is with us. He comforts us and leads us into a better place.
  So no matter where we are in life, on a mountain or in the valley, life with God is a victorious one...

  I constantly re-read what is written. Today's post so far feels rather flat, the metaphors feel more like hollow cliches. Maybe it's because today's writing has been treated as a task to get finished ASAP because I've other things to do.
  Lord, thank You for reminding me why I do this.
  This is my morning prayer time and it doesn't matter if it's a mountain day of joy or a valley day of angst, I write because I know You are here.
  And that is the greatest knowledge of all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...