Saturday 30 June 2018

I am wise. Proverbs 2:6

  "For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. " NKJV
  "For the Lord grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding." JCB

  The boastful words of today's affirmation were met with a self-deprecating snort. Yet, in Christ there just might be pearls.

  The story behind the blocks...Each pile represents God's generous provision. Maybe wanting blocks is an odd thing but there it is. The cedar ties used to raise one of my flower beds have rotted away rather quickly. Perusing the weekly flyers, I had admired the stone, a far better, permanent retaining wall. But, they are expensive. The dream was just a dream.
  Until yesterday.
  The local hardware store moved to a new building. As part of tidying up, they have a huge free-for-the-taking area.
  I have driven past many times. Yesterday as I left work, there seemed to be some urgency to stop by and check it out.
  There they were! More than enough for the job. More than enough to add some to a friend's sloping rock garden because she needed some more, too!
  I can't help but draw a comparison when it comes to wisdom. Some of what I thought I knew is like the rotten cedar. God's provision, His guidance, His truth are the stones of faith and truth and learning. With learning comes understanding. With understanding comes wisdom as the Lord builds a foundation that will not fail.
  It took a couple trips to bring these home. Which is a wonderful action demonstrating God's grace.
  He knows I can be foolish. He knows I don't always have the right answer. He knows that it takes multiple trips to gather a full knowledge of any one aspect of the mystery that is God. He knows my human weaknesses means I can only grasp one stone at a time.
  The best part? He has given me strength to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...