Tuesday 26 June 2018

I am welcome. Luke 11:9

  "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." NKJV
  "And so I (Jesus) tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you." JCB
  Verse 10 goes on to say, " For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened."

  The doubting heart will find truth. Those in need will find sustenance. The curious will find answers. Best of all is, should we choose to look, is finding the heart of God in the life, the sacrifice, and the resurrection of Jesus.

  Following last Friday's post, I bought an apron for the kitchen. It is roughly woven with smallish, multicolored butterflies printed on it. Sensible beauty, that's my style! I've been picking away at writing words of faith and affirmation on it in multicoloured, permanent markers. It has been challenging. By the time I have put one word near each butterfly, the list is rather long. Not wanting to duplicate any, this personalization of the generic has stretched my mind into identifying various aspects of faith and life with Jesus I never thought about before.
  After adding some more inspired words yesterday, I realized the Lord has answered a prayer.
  The affirmation list is quickly coming to an end. I wasn't sure what direction to take next. Not knowing has left me feeling rather unsettled. I don't like feeling insecure. Hmmm, now that is new! Me, needing goals? Or maybe not...purpose is more like it.
  The apron has provided a place to begin the next adventurous journey of discovery as I explore each word and reach into the Bible for an appropriate scripture. Better dust off the Concordance!

  This is one of my favorite Bible verses and has often sustained me in dark days on the Black River. It has been the light in the darkness because it clearly identifies what are the most important things in faith: seeking, asking and tapping at the door. But here's the thing, the door, the entrance to life with Jesus is always open.
  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...