Friday 8 June 2018

I Am Upright Psalm 7:10

  "My defense is of God, who saves the upright in heart." NKJV
  "God is my shield, saving those whose hearts are true and right." JCB

  My laptop had a hissy fit this morning, refusing to start up so it's going to be a long slog. My tiny tablet means one fingered typing which, when I think about having started this blog with only a phone...is unbelievable luxury! There will be typos.
  My first reaction to this passage was to think about the type of people God saves. It's wonderful how Jesus turned this Old Testament idea on its head. He came to save sinners.
  Jesus means God will welcome us into His arms just as we are because He isn't concerned with outer appearances. It's our hearts that matter.

  I am incredibly excited today because a childhood friend is coming to visit on Monday with her husband and son. We haven't seen each other since I was 13 or so. She was my first Ontario friend after we had moved here from Nova Scotia. From grade 6 to 9, she was my best friend. Until her family moved to Texas.
  We lost touch but a few years ago, we reconnected via FB. Sometimes social media is a good and wonderful thing.

  I can only imagine God's joy when someone comes to Him.
  Our brokenness doesn't need to be fixed. Our inner house doesn't need to be spotlessly clean. The garden of our soul can be overrun with weeds.
  Come as you are.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...