Monday 4 June 2018

I am Understood. Ephesians 1:8

"Which He made (redemption, forgiveness and grace) to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence." NKJV
  "He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding." JCB

  Once again, Sunday's teaching contained a nugget that blew me away. I never knew that Bethlehem, the birthplace of Christ, meant "House of Bread".
  The ramifications are staggering because when I reflect on everything God did to arrange the life of Jesus...everything that happened through the course of time led to Jesus, the Bread of Life, and the utter defeat of the devil through the Cross. Even before time had meaning, it was already finished.
  God's decision to send Himself to earth wasn't a spur of the moment decision. Giving us the Holy Spirit wasn't a last minute idea. Giving us His Word in printed form so we could continually know His Son was part of the plan all along.
  Boom!! It's simply too big for this mere mortal to grasp.

  If I believe I have an Abba Father who is capable of such intricate plans, how can I not believe He has an intimate knowledge of everything about me?
  Then I have to think about how I think. Mortal knowledge doesn't necessarily mean understanding because understanding can be skewed by experiences that twist perceptions. I fly with broken wings.
  Divine knowledge is understanding! How could it be anything but?

  There is a line from the movie Avatar, "I see you."
  When I first heard it, every fibre of my being cried out with a desperate longing for someone to say those beautiful words to me; for someone to see past my barriers, my put on persona, my public face. Only now do I realize that Someone has all along.
  It was I who needed to see Him.

  God knows how I think and feel. He knows my joys and the things that set my heart to weeping. He knows how to get me laughing at myself for my foolishness. Laughter has often been the birthplace of rueful repentance and freely given forgiveness.

  I am nothing without Him: my Light, my Life and my Hope.
  In Him I can still soar with broken wings because He understands utterly and completely everything about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...