Friday 1 June 2018

I am Triumphant 2 Corinthians 2:14

  "Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place." NKJV
  "But thanks be to God! He has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ's triumphal procession. Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume." JCB

  June rolled in with a bang. The tail end of a tropical storm worked its way north from the Gulf of Mexico bringing stupefying 32 (feels like 40) degree heat and humidity along with some rumbling thunderstorms. A couple of weekends ago, my furnace kicked in. Somewhere along the line we appear to have missed spring.
  I was talking to a person who had recently immigrated to Canada. She asked me why Canadians were so weather obsessed. For me, it's because there is such a variety. Not just season to season but hour to hour.
  A couple months passed, and she laughingly shared that she, too, had caught the weather bug and fully understood our fascination with the elements.

  Did you know that sand from the Sahara blows right across the Atlantic Ocean to the shores of South America? The mineral rich, dusty cloud acts as fertilizer in the sea and on land. This little bit of trivia blew me away the first time I heard it.
  God did not overlook the smallest detail when He designed this planet. The winds that bear Sahara sands are crucial to ocean health.

  If my faith was as great as the Sahara...Can you imagine the impact it would have?
  Why am I thinking about having a huge impact when one rain drop has the ability to generate the greatest of ripples?
  It's the day to day kindnesses. It's having grace and forgiveness. It's faith in my Lord that enables me to carry His light into the world. It's having people see the victories Christ has manifested in my life. It's placing my trust in God when storms blow my way.
  That's the fragrance all believers carry everywhere we go.
  Maybe I am a Sahara after all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...