Monday 25 June 2018

I am in a wealthy place. Psalm 66:12

  "You have caused men to ride over our heads; We went through fire and water; But You brought us out to rich fulfillment." NKJV
  "Then you put a leader over us. We went through fire and flood, but you brought us to a place of great abundance." JCB

  Rich fulfillment or great abundance, seemingly the opposite ends of wealth. Fulfillment applies more to an individual's spiritual wealth while great abundance is more descriptive of a land of plenty, a dwelling place of inestimable physical wealth.
  The more I study the Bible, the more I find these examples of one idea translating into a multi-faceted concept. Ideas about God become three dimensional as black and white, linear thinking keeps being erased.
  I get a sense that the original words the Bible was written in are far more conceptually diverse than English. It makes me aware that a single English Bible translation often fails to clearly portray heart of God. So I have to give thanks for  being blessed with more than one translation. Each Bible provides a wealth of curiosities and an opportunity to unravel the mystery of the Father and Son I adore.
  They both grant me, in different ways, the ability to understand how big God is. Big in heart. Big in kindness and giving. Big in His willingness to help me unravel the complicated threads of simple faith.
  Which really is the foundation of everything...faith being a commitment of trust.

  Wow! I have to think about that for a bit.
  Time and again, God's Word is an invitation to trust Him. Today it's about His provision of wealth in all its diversity of meaning.
  And it's only taken 289 affirmations to realize that every single one has been an invitation to trusting God in every single aspect of my life.

  Well, Lord, You have me laughing at myself again. Each chuckle wipes away the struggles I have when it comes to trust because, Lord, You are not of the world. You will never betray that trust. You will never use it as a weapon of destruction. You will never fail to treat my trust with honour and respect and dignity.
  I think I finally understand those powerful words, "You will never leave me nor forsake me."
  Lord, if this is a measure of wealth, than I am the richest woman in the universe. Thank You.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...