Sunday 10 June 2018

Affirmation #279

   I am unblemished. Colossians 1:22
  "In the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight--" NKJV
  "Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in His physical body. As a result, he has brought you into His own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault." JCB

  Resurrection life. It's simple in concept...we ask to be forgiven. We are forgiven. Voila! It is finished, our sins forgotten.
  I never thought about holding a grudge as being something I hold over my own head...
  How can I live a resurrection life if I keep putting one foot in the grave? The grave being the pit containing the joy devouring, insatiable, slandering inner critic. The critic that takes such pleasure in reminding me of past mistakes.
  The barriers to living a wonderful and blessed resurrection life are all in my head. Literally.
  And I smile...you'd think after 279 affirmations something would sink in!

  Maybe more has than I think. Does this make me an optimistic pessimist? Hmmm, it would appear I am back to exploring the duality of the human experience. Good vs. Evil.
  Hold on a second! Evil has already lost.

  So what? Do I need to give myself permission to be happy? Ouch. Now there's a revelation that tugs at my heart because there is nothing to fear in joy. Amen to that!
  There is nothing to fear.  Ever. At all. Because Jesus is with me. He is the overflowing, unquenchable source of my joy. In Him I am a new creation and have been all along from the moment we met.
  Lord, let me embrace a resurrection life. Let it be a joyous, liberating adventure in Jesus's name I pray. Amen! May all that I do and say and think glorify You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...