Friday 4 May 2018

I am His Sheep. Psalm 23:1

  "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." NKJV
  "The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I want." JCB

  The phone rang at 7:40 this morning. A bit early for that sort of thing. By the time I found my phone and fought down the niggling worries these outside-the-norm calls create, the call had ended. They did leave a message. My appointment today with my psychiatrist was cancelled because he is not well.
  So, here's the thing. I would have been late to work because of the appointment. The centre was covered by another staff so that would have been okay. The other staff messaged me last night they weren't able to come in. I didn't see that message until this morning.
  Isn't God good?
  Instead of a road trip, I get to do some writing.
  Instead of having to find someone to cover work for the couple of hours needed, there's no need.
  Instead of having a long day with lots of travelling, me and the car can rest easy.
  Instead of being tired tonight, there will be plenty of energy to make a joyful noise at worship team rehearsal.
  Isn't God good?

  Stuff like this happens on a regular basis.

  I quit believing in coincidences a long time ago because the Lord is my shepherd.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...