Sunday 27 May 2018

Colossians 1:13

  I am transferred into His Kingdom.
  "He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love." NKJV
  "For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of His dear Son, who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins." JCB

  It's early, not quite 6 AM. I've been up for about an hour already. There's a whole lot of gratitude for a friend who told me there was going to be a planned power outage this morning. That was a couple of weeks ago so I set the alarm on my phone.
  Hydro crews are doing some upgrading and maintenance north of here so the outage is supposed to last for a few hours.
  I can't help but smile. She truly saved me from the power of darkness! I was able to get the generator up and running in record time. No basement flood today!

  But that's it, isn't it? That's what friends do. When things are at their darkest, they come alongside so we don't get lost.
  That's what the best Friend ever did for us. He raised us above the darkness through His life and death.
  I can't help but be thankful this morning on so many levels. There are tangible reasons and spiritual reasons. There is a grateful acknowledgement and recognition that, in all things seen and unseen, God is present.
  Always.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...