Tuesday 17 April 2018

I am Sanctified. 1 Corinthians 6:11

  "And such were some of you (unrighteous and full of sinful ways). But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God." NKJV
  "Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." JCB

  It's a question day today because these ideas are ones I am still trying to understand. So, Lord, with Your help, let me come into the place of knowledge and understanding. Teach my heart the truth so that it will always be with me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

  What is it to be made holy, to be sanctified? Is it to be made wholly one with God through His Spirit?
  What gets in the way of attaining the full blessings of sanctification, of having been justified? What stops us from resting and residing in the truth of complete, utter and eternal forgiveness?
  Layers.
  Like the formation of sedimentary rocks under the water. Microscopic silt and dead things fall to the bottom of the sea gradually building up deep layers. The pressure of water and gravity compacts the silt until it becomes rock. Eventually, the layered rocks are heaved up to the surface by the forces of tectonic plates pushing against one another. What once was hidden is now seen: multi-layered, multi-coloured mountains filled with fossils.
  Is that one of the stumbling blocks? The fossils of life experiences keep making themselves known?
  Why do I think by examining dead things I will find my way to life?
  Layers.
  Then there's the archaeologists. Sometimes they use dynamite (at least in the old days). Sometimes they use pick and shovel. Sometimes it's a tiny hammer, a trowel and a paintbrush that is used to explore the treasure they are after. Even the removed dirt is put through a screen so as not to miss anything of worth.
  Then it's put on display for all the world to see and enjoy.
  Or maybe I am getting these ideas confused with the wonderful blessings of being in a relationship with my Lord: the blessings of discovery and knowledge and wisdom. Maybe our relationship works because God honours and encourages the way I think, the way I like to work things through. After all, He made me this way.
  But, I realize now, our relationship is only possible because I am already sanctified as His child. Nothing will ever take that away.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   

 

   

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...