Sunday 15 April 2018

I am a Saint of God. Psalm 34:9

  "Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him." NKJV
  "Fear the Lord, you his godly people, for those who fear him will have all they need." JCB

  The ground is covered with snow and ice. A rare event for this late in April. So far, the trees are bare of ice but that could change over the next several hours. Then it's going to rain and rain some more. Church was cancelled today because of the storm. Just in case.
  I did a little happy dance in the back yard yesterday which ties in nicely with today's affirmation. The oil reservoir in the generator had filled with water from being submerged by the flood. So after draining the icy slush, filling it back up with oil, a couple, three dozen pulls on the starter cord, and a few sweet words of encouragement, she fired up. Those first few moments of sputtering, snorting, backfiring and blowing blue exhaust were alarming but once warmed up, she purred like a kitten. I let her run for a while to dry everything out.
  That's when the dancing kicked in along with a generous helping of relief and gratitude. There was also a bit of prideful delight in the success that helped me kick up my heels even higher!
  The new oil had turned cloudy. I assume it's because it had gotten mixed with any water that hadn't been drained or possibly fine silt had contaminated it. Prudence led to draining it and putting in more new oil. It may take a few changes before everything is cleaned out.
   Hmmm, is there a metaphor in there that ties into a walk of faith? Yes, and I smile, because it is a bit lame. (Thank You, Lord, for keeping it real! And for the good dose of humility.)
  The generator was yet another costly item that survived being submerged. I think the only casualty is my dehumidifier in the basement. It was making some alarming noises so it got shut down. Mind you, it's also eleven years old and has laboured hard the entire time.
  I am left feeling incredibly blessed. It's not just because of having the knowledge to do this kind of thing. It's having the painful experiences, the desert season, where I learned them be redeemed by the joy of serving God in everything.
  It's having a courage grounded in faith that enables me to try.
  Had my attempts failed, the Lord provides and has provided the means to have purchased a new generator. It's why I have one in the first place.
  Thank You, Lord, that I will never again know want in all aspects of my life. Amen!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...