Saturday 14 April 2018

I am Safe. Psalm 4:8

  "I will both lie down in peace and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." NKJV
  "In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe." JCB

  What a wonderful affirmation to hear this weekend. There's an ice storm on the way. It's one of the most dreaded events of Canadian weather. At least, I dread them. Beautiful and deadly is the best way to describe them. And it is beautiful when every twig, every blade of grass is coated with ice. You just don't want to stand under a tree.
  I confess ice storms create about the same, high level of anxiety tornado warnings or even violent thunderstorms create. Sometimes the little girl in me who was afraid of storms makes herself known. I lift this fear up to You, Lord, so that I may rest securely in Your safety.
  It's not that I'll simply do nothing, now. It wouldn't hurt to be prepared.
  Fill the water jugs.
  Thankfully, the pull handle on my generator has finally thawed and is moving after being submerged and frozen by the flood. After blogging, I'll take it into the shed and do an oil change then make sure it starts...just in case the power goes out later today or tomorrow.
  Lord, I am going to claim this affirmation, that You will keep me safe, that if the power goes out in the night, You will wake me. That way I can hook up my sump pump to the generator. Otherwise, it will be another basement flood!
  There's something else I need to lift to You. I don't make decisions easily at the best of times and there's a big decision on my plate about replacing the furnace. I got quotes earlier this week for both oil and propane fired furnaces. The propane guy went on about the massive savings I'd have by switching from heating oil yet, the investigations I've made aren't in line with what he is saying. The $50 a year savings I calculated as opposed to the $700 figure he gave me would be swallowed by renting propane tanks...Right. Thanks. I will talk with my neighbours who made the switch to propane last fall to see if they found any benefit.
  The good news is, regardless of choice, I will be able to change how the furnace exhaust is vented. That means the chimney can come down!! I'll gain much needed floor space in the washroom. Yay!
  Lord, I am so thankful to have You in my life: my Guide, my Companion, my Peace, and Encourager. Teach me to be unafraid of real storms and the storms that toss my mind all over the place. In Jesus' name I pray. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 1

    "Keep on seeking, and you will find." Mathew 7:7     I am still dealing with the fallout of Friday's panic attack. The wor...