Friday 6 April 2018

I am Rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9

  "For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich." NKJV
  "You know the generous grace of  our Lord Jesus Christ. Though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that by his poverty he could make you rich." JCB

  Jesus is God come to earth in mortal form. I had to think this morning about how our Lord, having known immortality, might find the limitations of mortality as part of being poor. Then, for our sakes, He endured every single bad thing a person could ever experience in His time on earth. Even so, He ended his mortal life with a final, earth shaking, devil chasing, penultimate expression of love by allowing himself to be pinned to the Cross.
  That act bestowed upon all humanity a divine inheritance.
  I am rich because of it. Richer than I could ever have imagined because the wealth born of faith, of journeying with Jesus, pervades every aspect of my life.

  It's astounding how "free" can buy so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...