Wednesday 25 April 2018

Ephesians 2:6

   I am seated with Him.
  "And raised us up together, and made us sit at together in the heavenly places with Christ Jesus." NKJV
  "For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus." JCB

  So where are these heavenly places anyways? These heavenly realms? These realms are plural so there's more than one.
  Is one of them where two or more gather in His name?
  Is another where we worship? Making a joyful noise?
  Could we be transported to one of these heavenly places during moments of quiet, contemplative prayer?
  I guess the "where" isn't really important because "where" can be everywhere in Christ.

  It's reassuring to know that being connected with Him has no limits, no boundaries, no finite restrictions shaping what our connection with the Lord looks like.
  Except...there are some. They can come from us through the bondage of cultural and religious ideas.
  We place limitations on our relationship with Christ. For many Christians, Jesus time is Sunday 11 til 1. For others, it's the opposite. They shy away from belonging to a community of believers. I am not condemning these people because I have my own ways of disconnecting.
   Idols. I am watching too much TV. Lord, forgive me for allowing myself to be numbed by the constant chatter. Forgive me for allowing it to be the procrastination that is so much easier than decision making. Especially when I am feeling overwhelmed. Then, by watching TV, I end up even more overwhelmed because I have put off decision making...Lord, set me free.
 
   I think we dwell in a little piece of heaven when we wrestle with our understanding of what being free in Christ really means.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...