Saturday 3 March 2018

Luke 9:1

  I have power over the devil.
  "Then He called His twelve disciples and gave the power and authority of all demons and to cure diseases." NKJV
  "One day Jesus called together his twelve disciples and gave them power and authority to cast out all demons and to heal all diseases."

  I am a bit distracted today. It's been a busy week, good busy, but busy nonetheless. With my home's main floor still in chaos from the flood, it makes it difficult to settle into a Bible study exercise. Plans about what I'd like to accomplish this weekend keep interrupting my train of thought.
  There's also been a great deal of reflection on how the Lord has been with me through all of this. His provision, His care, His love have revealed themselves in miniscule ways and some big ways, too.
  A natural disaster has left me feeling incredibly blessed.
  
  There are countless books and sermons and treatises written on the subject of spiritual warfare. Wise and inspired people of all faiths have explored this topic with a depth I feel a short blog post is inadequate to provide.
  I am okay with that.
  Or maybe not. There's an inner battle going on that this is a cop out, a way of skipping class...and I smile.
  "Get thee behind me, satan. I have work to do."

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...