Friday 23 March 2018

I am Redeemed. Galatians 3:13

  "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, 'Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree')." NKJV
  "But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing." JCB

  It's a page turning day today, to the last one of the list given to me a year ago February. With ambitious zeal, I'd given myself a year and a bit to work through the three hundred affirmations. If it's God's will, it might be done by the beginning of next year because there are still 76 left to go.
  And I smile because it isn't stressing me out that my self-imposed "deadline" isn't going to be met, not by a long shot.
  In its place is an eager excitement about what today's post will reveal. And tomorrow's.
  Some mornings it has been more of a dutiful slog to work through the day's scripture especially when the selected verse challenged me to face my own shortcomings and weaknesses.
  Yet, this has helped me do a lot towards solidifying my relationship with my Abba Father.
  Grace and acceptance: gifts of redemption.
  There has been a profound shift in my understanding about time, about faith and what a believer's walk should look like. To do's have become to want's. Being blessed with greater insight into my own humanity has also enriched my compassion and understanding about others.
  There's been a lot of musing behind the scenes as well. Private prayers of repentance. Private prayers filled with forgiveness towards others. Private prayers where my soul groans because words have failed me. Private prayers when my heart leaps with inexpressible joy.
  There is one reason and one reason only these things are possible: Jesus is the Redeemer.
  We've been watching a series from the Meeting House leading up to Easter. "Why did Jesus Die." It's an older one from the archives but has instilled a richer understanding of the reasons. I won't go into them because it's accessible on their website. www.themeetinghouse.com It also does a wonderful job of exploring the dynamics of redemption.
  On a final note, I am celebrating moving under the Anabaptist faith umbrella through our church vote next month. In exploring their declarations of faith and purpose, I have finally found a home that paralells a lot of my own experiences, understandings and beliefs.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...