Saturday 10 March 2018

I am Purchased. Revelation 5:9

  "You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; For You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation." NKJV
  "You are worthy to take the scroll and break open its seals. For you (Jesus) were slaughtered, and your blood ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.' JCB

  Blood is an amazing thing. Through veins and arteries, and a whole bunch of other things I forget from grade 9 biology, it carries the requirements of life to every organ and every muscle from the top of our head right down to our baby toes. It contains warriors to fight infection. It has a security squad that races in to stop us bleeding to death when we cut a finger.
  I've often wondered how it happens that oxygen from my lungs is dissolved and transported throughout my body. Is it something that can be seen with the help of a microscope? Are their little blue bubbles of air? Or water floating merrily along the rivers of life? I wonder how the eggs I had for dinner are distributed. Although the results of food being spread around is a bit more obvious especially after Christmas goodies make my waistline grow. :D

  I am in awe of how the blood that Christ shed continues to serve as the lifeblood of Christians in all faiths, languages, peoples and nations. It's simply too big to fathom how my sister in China, my brother in Chile have been connected together through Christ's sacrifice.
  Head tops and baby toes, we are the body of Christ.
  There is mystery and wonder how a small chapel in New Zealand can be teaching the same lesson a huge church in Calgary is.

  Connection that work without the help of satellites or cell phones. Connection that happen without emails or snail mail. All because of the blood that was shed.

  All because God loves us that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...