Sunday 4 March 2018

I am Predestined. Ephesians 1:11

  "In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will." NKJV
  "Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan." JCB

  It's rather awe inspiring to think that God has His finger on every heartbeat of every single individual who has lived, is living and will live. To think that He knows our ways and has allowed for them in His divine plan for our lives is extremely reassuring.

  Hold on a moment, there's a flock of something noisily flying over head that doesn't sound like Canada Geese...

  And I've been incredibly blessed! A flock of Trumpeter Swans just flew over. What a beautiful sight with their white feathers gleaming in the morning sunshine against a clear blue sky! In all the years I've lived here, I've never seen them migrating through this area before. Normally they travel much further west.
  See? The Lord knows I delight in His creations! He knows I can now add this to my life list. It's an ongoing record of natural wonders I record in a nature book: a birthday gift from many years ago.
  Thank You, Lord, for blessing me this morning!

  Predestined. What makes us uniquely us was set down before the dawn of time.
  Predestined. That includes our strengths and weaknesses.
  Predestined. To know that no matter what the situation, no matter what befalls us, God will use it for His glory and our redemption.
  There is something incredibly reassuring in knowing everything will work out in the end.
  Amen!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...