Monday 12 February 2018

The Final Stretch by Susan L.

  I have passed from death to life. John 5:24
  "Most assuredly, I (Jesus) say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death into life." NKJV
  "I (Jesus) tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life." JCB

  What a way to start up again! I've visited a few websites to try and gain some clarification regarding the judgement of believers.
  It's as clear as mud right now.

  I have to wonder if it is a human misunderstanding that has us think that our deeds and acts will be judged and rewarded in Heaven according to some listed hierarchy of what is good, better or best.
  If Jesus regards sin as sin...hmmm...are some sins classified as terrible or as minor infractions against God?
  If sin is carried into heaven, doesn't that fly in the face of what Jesus did on the Cross to wipe away all the sins of the world?
  I am not sure how this fits in to today's affirmation but I have witnessed hate filled indignation against the author Dan Brown for his book, The Davinci Code. This was many years ago and I am still haunted and deeply saddened by the boiling hatred that swept through a church congregational meeting. All that was missing were pitchforks and torches. It's a book, a work of fiction, that started me on my own quest for the Holy Grail, the cup of Christ. Reading it drew me one step closer to that fateful day when I had to make a choice to believe. I am thankful Dan wrote it and even more thankful God redeemed it to His glory.
  I can pray that Dan will come to know Christ.
  I can pray that believers who hate him will find compassion and wisdom about the whole matter.
 
  It's take two hours to get this far because I feel rather inadequate to the task of exploring this affirmation. And maybe that's how it should be because I want to rest in the simplicity and joy of this eternal promise:
  "They will never again be hungry or thirsty; they will never be scorched by the heat of the sun. For the Lamb on the throne will be their Shepherd. He will lead them to springs of life-giving water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." Rev 7:16-17

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...