Monday 19 February 2018

I am Pleasing to God. Psalm 149:4

  "For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation." NKJV
  "For the Lord delights in his people; he crowns the humble with victory." JCB

  Hmmm, I never thought of it that way...salvation is victory.

  And I am left reflecting on just how much has been overcome personally through the love and grace of Jesus...my heart swells with infinite gratitude.

  I am left reflecting on being witness to the changes seen in others the fateful, delightful, wonderful, awesome moment they decide to set aside doubts and fears to embrace Jesus as Lord.
  I've been blessed to see a face marked by sorrow, worry and time becoming clothed in softness and peace. The years, the toll and toil of hardship, are washed away leaving nothing but beauty behind.
  I've been honoured to see others come to the realization that they are not alone after all.
  To see the truth of Love Incalculable infuse a broken spirit with the joy of belonging is a gift.

  Belonging longing. To know we are accepted and acceptable drives us, fills us with the urgent need to prove ourselves.
  I was one of those but the funny thing, no matter what I did, no matter the sacrifices, it was never enough. Before knowing Jesus, I was trapped by trying to fill God's place in another's soul; to meet all their needs. It exacted a terrible cost because it was something I could never do. I thought I could.

  I thought I was supposed to.

  Gee, I'd never looked at it that way before. Pride is a terrible task master.
  Thank You, Lord, that You have brought me into a place of humility. Forgive me when pride creeps back in, when these old ways, these old ideas rise up.
  A rueful grin erupts because this happens with more frequency than I care to admit!

  I am left with a lot to think about regarding the relationships in my own life because we are wired for community. We are wired for relationship.
  We have within our DNA the God gene. Science has proven it. God designed us to seek Him, to fulfill our role in His family. In Him is the completion of personhood, of identity in Jesus Christ.
  I know it can be hard to believe. I know the enemy of our souls works really hard to convince us we are not worthy. I know he will use an arsenal of weapons to keep us down, keep us apart. It's a long list of ugly.

  "Child, know this, I am well pleased with all My creations. They are good. Come home to where you belong. My door is open. My yoke is easy. I am waiting just for you."
  If you don't know Jesus, I invite you welcome Him into your heart and life. Then we can have the best homecoming party ever!
  Even the angels will dance!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...