Tuesday 16 January 2018

I am One with Him. John 17:23-24

  "I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world." NKJV
  "I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me. Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began!" JCB

  It's there. The love offering of Jesus Christ to humankind. It's twofold. He was given to us by God. We were given to Him by God before the world began.
  Christ's prayer to His Father wanting us to be with Him, wanting us to experience the full glory and majesty of God's love...This simple prayer has reached in and touched the stony places in my heart where fear and hurt and heartbreak have left their scars.
  I've grown more aware of these hard and distant places as the last few affirmations have ended with tantalizing hints about the depth, the breadth, the scope of God's amazing love. To the moon and back doesn't even come close.
  Every part of my being hungers for the freedom to embrace God's love. I hunger to live with utter abandon in the surety and security of this same unwavering, eternal love.
   Lord, hear my prayer. Show me how to let go, where to let go. Tap the stone in my heart so life giving waters will flow. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen!
 

 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...