Saturday 13 January 2018

Home Sweet Home

  I am of God's household. Ephesians 2:19
  "Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God." NKJV
  "So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God's holy people. You are members of God's family." JCB

  As a Canadian, my citizenship by right of birth in this wonderful country enables me to access a whole range of services. Everything from free health care to having good roads to travel on. I can travel anywhere in this country that shares the largest unprotected border in the world with the USA. There's the right to speak freely, to worship freely. I can criticize our government or the weather without fear of retaliation. Education, up to the age of 16, is mandatory regardless of gender. There are further opportunities to pursue post-secondary education. I am protected by police. (Yes, speeding tickets are protection!) Fire or ambulance services are a 911 call away. I can own property or a car. I can work at the job of my choice.
  I do want to add that some of these freedoms aren't actually free. Canadians are some of the highest taxed people in the world. Freedom, it seems, can come with a price of admission. Our health care system is overburdened. Higher education is expensive. So is housing in some areas making it difficult to get ahead.
  Nevertheless, having been blessed with these things my whole life, I tend to take them for granted. So, thank You, Lord, for this marvelous, if somewhat imperfect, land!
  I want to hold up an even greater gratitude for belonging to Your country, the one that exists above and beyond any borders set down by man.
  In Your world is strength to overcome adversity. In Your country is safety, comfort and rest. In Your province is peace. In Your realm is provision. In Your home is grace and patience. In Your shelter is a Confidant and confidence. In Your dwelling is found a Councillor and a Guide who is available 24/7. Under Your roof is encouragement to become better than I am. In Your family is community, belonging and acceptance.
  I know there are many more good things ahead in a yet undiscovered land. Praise God because once I was lost...
  He found me and pulled me out of the shadows.

  At Your hearth, I have found love.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...